BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 23, 2009

THE PRINCESS AND THE TWO LIONS

Once the Princess was walking along the path she had taken to do an errand her Father the King had asked her to do. All of a sudden a lion jumped out at her. At first she was too startled to move. Then he roared the loudest roar she had ever heard and she cried out and turning around, ran all the way back to the palace. As she stood breathless and in fearful tears, her Father the King said, "Daughter, have you finished the task I asked you to do already?" The King of course knew exactly what had happened but he wanted her to express to him how she saw the event. "Father, you can't imagine the awful beast I met on the road; he was huge and he had big teeth and claws and oh, he had the loudest roar I have ever heard. I just know that if I hadn't turned back and ran home he would have devoured me."

"Daughter, I want you to go back and finish the task I have given you, for it is very important." The Princess couldn't believe her ears, "Father, you can't mean you actually want me to face that creature again. Don't you care what happens to me?" The King gently said "Of course I do that is why I want you take the Lion of Judah with you." "Oh Father," the Princess exclaimed. "I love the Lion of Judah but he is so tame, gentle and sweet, I have never even heard him roar. I have only heard him purr my name. How could taking Him along with me solve anything?" "My Precious Princess, have I ever let you be harmed?" The Princess had no defense against her Father's reasoning. He had always took good care of her and even when things seemed darkest they always turned out for the best.

So she started out again with The Lion of Judah by her side. Again the Roaring Lion jumped out at her not noticing the Lion of Judah with her.

She jumped back but didn't run, trusting the wisdom of her Father. When the Roaring Lion saw the Lion of Judah he stopped in his tracks and sneered "What are you doing here?" The Lion of Judah didn't say a word but just looked at the Roaring Lion and then the Princess noticed something she hadn't seen when she faced the Roaring Lion alone. The Roaring Lion was toothless and he had no claws and at this very moment it seemed he had no voice. Glaring at the Lion of Judah, the Roaring Lion backed down and retreated. Again the Princess noticed something she had never seen before. The Lion of Judah had very sharp teeth and deadly claws. He had an awesome strength that she hadn't seen in the past when they took their walks together. Wow, she thought I must ask Father why this is.

When they returned to the palace and she reported to her Father the completion of her task, then she asked "Why didn't I notice the strength and power of the Lion of Judah before?" The King said "because you didn't need to. You are mine and any child of mine need never fear the Lion of Judah, He will protect them. You always saw his smile and not the sharpness of his teeth, you never saw his claws because he keeps them sheathed in your presence and his roar will not be heard until one day when it will be heard throughout all of creation. In that day, all will bow down before him. You who know him as being gentle as a lamb will bow in worship and adoration; those who never knew him will bow in holy terror. It is in that day he will be known for all eternity as King of Kings and Lord of Lords, and the Roaring Lion will never be heard from again.

MORAL: It is wise never to face the Roaring Lion alone but always remember as a Child of the King you never have to face him alone. The Lion of Judah will face him with you

Linda Knox Rubenack ©1995

0 comments: